Treating White Spots on Teeth at Our Hackettstown, NJ, Office
Have you started noticing white spots on your teeth? These spots can signal tooth decay, so it’s a good idea to get them checked out by a dentist. Luckily, if you’re in Warren County, New Jersey, you can receive the care you need at West Morris Dental, a trusted local provider with an office conveniently located in Hackettstown.
Why Do You Have White Spots on Your Teeth?
Numerous factors can lead to white spots on teeth, and a dentist can help narrow down precisely what’s causing the issue in your situation.
- Failing to brush and floss on a regular basis (especially when wearing braces)
- Eating acidic or sugary foods
- Consuming too much fluoride
- Having gastroesophageal reflux disease (also known as “GERD” or “acid reflux”)
- Having a condition that causes nutritional deficiencies (for example, celiac disease)
- Taking antibiotics
- Keeping your mouth open when sleeping
In some cases, treatment will depend on what’s causing white spots to appear in the first place (for example, if you have spots because you sleep with your mouth open, you might benefit from wearing a chin strap to bed). Otherwise, dentists are often able to address these issues using treatments such as:
- Composite fillings
- Remineralization paste
- Resin placement
- Teeth whitening
- ical gels
Get the Dental Treatment You Need For
West Morris Dental today to schedule an appointment at our Hackettstown, NJ, office. Our skilled practitioners will recommend the treatment plan that’s best suited to your specific needs.